Monday, October 14, 2013

Finding Peace

I'm sure there's been a time in your life where you felt like there's no possible way you can get everything done or that nothing seems to be going your way.  If that's the case, this post is for you! If not, don't worry, just live a little longer.
As a college student, I feel that way more often than not sometimes.  I'm trying to balance all the things I need to do, plus those I want to do, as well as those I should do, and there's hopefully an occasional bit of sleep thrown in there somewhere.  I really hope I'm not the only one who's dealing with this situation.
As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, I know that I always have the Savior there to help me out.  In Matthew 11: 28-30, it says, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
Now, I'm going to be perfectly honest for a moment.  I didn't totally know what a yoke was at first.  For those who were in my same predicament, it's a piece of wood that's used to hook up two animals, usually oxen, to some sort of cart so they can pull it.  It looks like this:

In this scripture passage, Christ is already hooked up and ready to pull.  He so desperately wants to help us with our burdens, but we have to let Him.  We have to join Him as we press on.  Now, I don't know about you, but having my soul find rest sure does sound nice every once in a while, so let Him into your life.  I promise, it will be well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment