Monday, December 9, 2013

Yes, I Know That My Savior Loves Me

I feel like it's been forever since I've written!  And I will be trying to pick back up again with our Savior's atoning sacrifice.  I'm warning you now: there is no way I will be able to do this the justice it deserves.  And, as I've been learning, the more I try to understand the Atonement, the more I realize just how very far away I actually am from doing so.  Here we go.
As you probably know, Jesus has never sinned.  Because of that, He's also never experienced the things that follow, namely guilt, shame, remorse, feeling unworthy, sorrow, horror, solitude, and so forth.
That is, until now.
He fell on His face.  He needed an angel to come and comfort Him.  He asked not to do this, but finished it anyways. He experienced every emotion, every sensation, every feeling, both good and bad, up to the point of spiritual death.  That sounds exhausting.  Why would someone ever want to do that?
Because it was all for you.
That's right, you right there, looking at this here screen.  It was for you.  Because Jesus Christ loves you.  He suffered every negative feeling you could ever think of so that one day, you wouldn't have to.  He loves you so much that He wanted to give you a chance.  A chance to return to live with a Heavenly Father who wants you to be with Him so much, He was willing to send the Only Begotten to die for you.
I suppose one of the best ways this can be summed up is here in this lovely children's song.  Enjoy :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueGIP8VzoDw

No comments:

Post a Comment