Monday, November 25, 2013

I Thank Him Reverently

Have you ever come across something in your day that made it so much brighter?  That one little thing that happened that, for whatever reason, totally made your day?  Sometimes I find that little thing in the scriptures.  That one little verse that really makes my heart smile.
For example, John 16:33.  "In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."  The Savior tells us this right before Gethsemane happens.  I don't know about you, but if I knew I was about to experience suffering beyond comprehension, I probably wouldn't be too sympathetic toward other people and their problems.  Yet the Savior is still so compassionate.  What an example.
In the next chapter, Christ gives the intercessory prayer.  It's John 17, and I highly recommend you read it.  And specifically pay attention to the way that Jesus prays.  Because that was one thing that really struck me.  The way Jesus talks to Heavenly Father is still respectful, but He prays like He is actually talking to someone face to face.  His relationship with His Heavenly Father is so strong.  I think the most wonderful part is that I know I'm capable of having a relationship like that too.  I already love the relationship I do have with Him, but I know I should still work to develop it.  It's like any other relationship here on earth; it takes genuine time and effort.  But I still feel so lucky knowing that I have a Heavenly Father who loves me.
As we get closer to the time of the Garden of Gethsemane, I'm just amazed at the love that both Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have for us.  One of my absolute favorite songs is "My Heavenly Father Loves Me."  I ask you to really listen to it, because it is wonderful, beautiful, and true.  You can listen to it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XSE63QIc7I
Folks, your Heavenly Father loves you, whether you like it or not.  There's no denying that.  I hope you can feel His love like I have in my life.  Because it's there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment