Monday, March 31, 2014

How to Succeed in Life

Throughout my vast nineteen of years of life, I have learned some things.  Not a lot, but a few.  And I'm definitely still learning.  But let me tell you what I do know.  I know that the power of the Atonement is very real.  And it is there for each one of us, available at all times and under any circumstance.  Hebrews 8:10,12.

"For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people... For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more."

We have the chance to be the people of God!  We have the chance to use the Atonement to become like our Heavenly Father!  Isn't that just wonderful?  If we can put God first, we can be forgiven of our wrongs and become like Him.  We can always wipe our slate clean and return to the fold of God.
There is one more scripture that I really love.  As we try to be like the Savior, our faith and love for Him will grow.  Read James 2:19

"Thou believest that there is one God: thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble."

While Satan and his followers also know who the Savior is, they fear the power that allows Him to be our Redeemer.  We would do well to believe in Him and His Atonement.  The key to real success is following the Savior and trusting in Him.  As we try to be more like Him, things will continue to fall into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment