Monday, March 24, 2014

Be of Good Courage

Have you ever been trying to make a decision, and haven't had the slightest idea about what the right thing is to do?  If you haven't, keep living.  But for those of us who have, I love this short and sweet little verse.  2 Timothy 1:7

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

I want to rely on the Lord when I'm making my decisions.  But a big part of that is actually being able to recognize the Lord's answer.  I'm learning that Heavenly Father won't make you fearful.  He doesn't want you to be scared.  His Spirit will bring you hope and light.
One thing that helps me is that I have to remember that my Savior knows what I'm going through.  I know this one is a little long, but read it.  I promise, it's good.  Hebrews 2:9-11

"But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honor; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.  For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.  For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren."

I love the phrases that I have put in italics.  Jesus Christ chose to put Himself below all else for us.  I especially love the last line.  I hope that Christ considers me as someone worth associating with.  I want to have that kind of relationship with my Savior.
We have no reason to be afraid.  We will always have our Savior's love.  I hope I can one day be like Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment