Monday, March 3, 2014

No Matter What

It would seem that I have fallen in love.  With the New Testament, that is.  It's amazing to me just how much you can find the Savior in the scriptures.
I didn't know this, but Romans is considered the most doctrinal of Paul's epistles.  It's got some great stuff!  I like the first six verses of chapter 5, but I especially like Romans 5:3.

"And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience."

I don't know about you, but I'm not always the best at being patient in my tribulations.  But it says here in Romans that patience will lead to experience, experience will lead to hope, and hope will lead to not being ashamed.  One day, when I return home to my Father in Heaven, I would love it if I could stand in front of Him, unashamed of the way I lived my life.  I want him to be well pleased with me.
I also love chapter 5:11.

"And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement."

Fun fact about this verse.  This is the only time in the New Testament that the word "Atonement" is used.  The more that we embrace Jesus Christ as our Savior, the better off we will be.  I have noticed that the more I embrace the gospel, the happier I feel.  I feel more joy when I am  doing what is right, and I don't think that is a coincidence.
Finally, these verses are incredible.  Romans 8:37-39.

"Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.  For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

God loves us.  I believe that is part of the reason why he gives un tribulation.  He wants us to grow and be strong.  He wants us to appreciate the joyful times in our lives.  But He will never stop loving us.  No matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment