Monday, February 24, 2014

Where Much Has Been Given, Much Will Keep Being Given

I know that God loves me.  And I know that He loves each of us perfectly as well.  This is something that I have just been learning for myself recently.  Now that my testimony of this principle is growing stronger, I am starting to see it more in the scriptures, and I love that.  I love finding those little places where I can throw myself into the scriptures.  It is very fortifying.
One of my new favorite places happens to be in 2 Corinthians 1:21-22, which read:
"Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God; Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of    the Spirit in our hearts."
I would like to point out that I have italicized the word "earnest."  During this time of the Lord's church, earnest is a financial term.  It refers to a down payment.  In other words, each time we feel the  Spirit in our hearts, God is making a down payment of sorts on our souls.  He gives us a small taste of what it is like in the celestial kingdom and how it will be if we live righteously.  He does this over and over again for us.  And when you make a down payment, it is done with the intention that you will at some point pay everything in full.  I know that the Lord has wonderful things in store for us, especially when we strive to be like our Savior Jesus Christ.
I love feeling the great care that my Heavenly Father has for me.  He wants me to be happy now.  He wants me to make the right choices now so that, hopefully one day, I can live with Him again.  What a wonderful moment in time that will be.  I hope I can always live up to His expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment