Monday, February 17, 2014

The Refiner's Fire

I think one of the most painful and inconvenient things is getting a paper cut.  That probably sounds silly, but really.  They're very possibly the worst.  But when you do get a paper cut, do you proceed to smash your finger with a hammer, telling it that it's so stupid for getting itself cut?  Nope, I don't either.
The same should go for people.  When people mess up, including ourselves, we shouldn't just give up on them.  It says in 1 Corinthians 12:23, "And those members of the body, which we think to be less honorable, upon these we bestow more abundant honor; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness."  Through the Atonement, we can be spiritually healed of our mess ups.  Jesus Christ can heal everything from spiritual paper cuts to major bruises.
Another scripture I really liked was verse 24.  "For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honor to that part which lacked."  Tempering is a process using heat and pressure to refine metal.  As it would turn out, Heavenly Father likes to use that process on us as well.  Who knew, right?  Sometimes in life we must go through the refiner's fire.  But we need to have faith that our Father in Heaven is helping us to become something wonderful and useful.  I know that is something I need to remember in my life.  I hope that I can be somebody wonderful, and I know that Heavenly Father has great plans just for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment