Monday, February 3, 2014

*See Blog Title

I'm sure you've heard the term "decade of decisions."  Or at least something similar.  As it would turn out, I'm in that very period of my life right now!  It's still a little strange.  It's almost feels like I'm playing house or something.  
But with the way I am, I am a planner.  I like knowing that I'm heading in the right direction.  And being in this decade of decisions will determine what direction I go in, so I want to make sure I'm doing it right.  
Something I've been thinking about lately is if I'm headed in the direction that my Heavenly Father wants me to be going.  I wonder about His will for me and what exactly He wants me to do.  Fortunately enough for me, I came across this in 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18.

Rejoice evermore.
Pray without ceasing.
In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

This wasn't quite the answer that I was expecting or even looking for.  I'm going to have to keep working on relying on the Lord and having faith that things will work out the way they should.  I'll need to play it by my spiritual ear for a while.  But the one thing I do know at this point is that Heavenly Father wants me to be happy.  And I know the same goes for each of us.  I guess I've been guilty of spending too much time looking at the map, and consequently forgetting to enjoy the scenery around me.  
I hope you remember that now is a time for us to have joy, not just someday.  Even if you have to fake it til you make it, that's a start.  And now, looking at the top of this page, I can see the title of this here blog of mine.  I hope you choose to find joy in your journey too.

No comments:

Post a Comment