Monday, February 10, 2014

Dancing Through Life

One great thing that I have been working on is gaining a testimony that I am a daughter of God.  I have always thought that there is no way that little old me could be a child of the Almighty.  But there is a scripture in 1 Corinthians that has helped me as I have been learning and thinking about this.  
In 1 Corinthians 6: 19-20, it says the following: 

What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?  
For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.  

My spirit is of great worth unto God.  But not just my spirit, my body as well.  I suppose that is one of the reasons why I love dancing so much.  It it a way that I use my strong and healthy physical body.  It is a way of expressing myself.  It is a moment when my body and my spirit can be fused, working together as one and giving glory to my Father in Heaven.  
I feel very fortunate to have a knowledge of a loving Heavenly Father, and that I chose to come to this earth and receive a body.  Even though it is imperfect, it is still a place for my spirit to reside.  It is a place for the Holy Spirit to reside.  I hope I can treasure my temple more, and all of things that it does for my spirit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment